Patients of Geebung Family Chiropractic often seek advice from us during Pregnancy about:
Chiropractic care during pregnancy is gentled safe for both mum and baby, and can be an important part of prenatal care. Pregnancy is a time of incredible physical and postural change as the mother's body accommodates and nurtures the growing baby.
A large percentage of women experience back discomfort or pain during pregnancy. Pre-existing, unnoticed imbalances in your spine and pelvis may become more obvious as your body changes, leading to discomfort and difficulty while performing your normal everyday activities.
Chiropractic maintains the structural alignment and balance of the pelvis, spine and surrounding structures to support the mother's comfort.
Why it is important to have a check up after the birth too?
- To check pelvic alignment after the increased demands placed on the body during pregnancy & birth.
- Postural changes due to feeding and carrying baby.
- Mid back, shoulder & neck discomfort.
- Alignment and rehabilitation of the spine, pelvis, and associated muscles and ligaments may be needed.
Our clinic is well equipped to accommodate pregnant patients:
- We have pregnancy specific belly pillows to allow mothers to lay face down safely & comfortable
- Our chiropractors are all qualified and experienced with pregnancy
- Our gentle techniques are ideal during pregnancy
- Techniques include Sacro-Occipital Technique (SOT), Webster Technique, Activator & Cranial Technique
Geebung Family Chiropractic is located on the North side of Brisbane near Chermside 4034.
Our address is
117 Copperfield Street, Geebung QLD 4034.
Ph: (07) 3359 4510